Thursday, November 19, 2015

This week has been so crazy, I almost forgot to write my blog! Luckily, I just remembered! It has been yet another whirlwind of a week where I am left feeling like my head has been spun around. I taught my lesson in the classroom this week and I feel like it went well. There are already a few things that I thought about on my way home though that I would change if I were to do it over. It is just minor things but I think I have become so accustomed to reflecting that I pick apart every little thing looking for ways to improve my practice. That brings to mind the Professional Teaching Standard: Teachers reflect on their practice. I know that practicing teachers reflect on their lessons all of the time and they make adjustments and refine their practice. This reflection is a skill that I am working on and I find myself reflecting more and more as we get more opportunities to actually teach.

The major focus in my mind right now is MY UNIT! Right now, I am making sure everything is age appropriate and that I have enough assessment and modification. So, that is where all of my brain power is going and I am using the NCSCOS a whole lot to make sure that my unit is grade level appropriate. I am excited to see the finished product and hopefully all of you are having a very productive and great week! The light at the end of the tunnel is SO close so hang in there!

2 comments:

  1. Skylar,

    I love how you are reflecting on your teaching even as you are in the car driving away from the school. I think that is an extremely important part of teaching. It will make us great teachers if we can understand how to reflect on our practice the right way.

    I am so glad that I got to be in class with you this semester Skylar. I know that we have only seen each other through the computer, but I feel as though we have gotten to know each other really well. I cannot wait to continue learning alongside with you next semester! We are so close to student teaching!!!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skylar,

    What were some things you learned from these experiences? What other learning opportunities have you had this week?

    What are some things you are wanting to improve with your teaching? How do you know this?

    ReplyDelete