Thursday, November 12, 2015

Wow, wow, wow! The end is approaching so quickly! It seems that it was no time ago that I was writing my first blog at a complete loss of what to say for the fear of sounding silly. Now, the words just flow effortlessly and I know you all are going to not only understand what I am saying in my blog but embrace it. I have always been intimidated by blogging thinking that I didn't have anything interesting to say. I am proud to say that I have embraced blogging and I have grown to love it. I look forward to this so much more than discussion boards and so this has been one of my favorite things about this semester!

On another note, can you guys believe our units are due in TEN DAYS? AAAHHH! I am nervous but excited about the end outcome but this week ahead holds a lot of work for me. I just do not feel 100% about my performance task yet but I am getting there. I am so glad Parker is willing to go back and forth with us and answer our ridiculous questions (well at least mine are) all the time because that has literally saved me. Also, the feedback and encouragement I get from all of you has saved me as well!

I also finally have my lesson planned for my clinical experience and I am really excited about it! I approached it with much more confidence than I have ever had in lesson planning and I know that is because of what I have learned this semester. I would stop and think, how can I make this more engaging? What is going to really hook these students? How can I integrate technology in a more meaningful way? These are questions I never would I have asked myself before but that's because I simply didn't know to ask them. So, I feel particular grateful for the new skills I have acquired as a future teacher and for the new outlook in lesson planning. I have a whole new appreciation for how far student engagement can take you. That has really tied into the standard of Teacher Facilitate Learning because student engagement and the way we teach is a huge part of that.

I am looking forward to a productive week of tying up loose ends and I will let you know how my lesson goes in the classroom! Have a great week and try not to lose steam, we are SO CLOSE!

3 comments:

  1. Skylar,
    I am so proud of the growth you have made this semester! The questions you are asking how can I make this more engaging? What is going to really hook these students? How can I integrate technology in a more meaningful way? These are questions I never would I have asked myself before but that's because I simply didn't know to ask them) are great! These really show you are focused on what the students need and not just on what you (as the teacher) need to successfully teach the lesson. How does this work with the NCTCS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be a great week! It will be one of the busiest weeks but I think that it will be a productive one. Our units are quickly approaching but I feel like we are going to great on them. We have learned to following the rubric as close as we possibly can. After this week, we do not have a lot left in this class. Gotta work some more on or PDPs and our other classes and we will be done. I will be doing my last teaching assignment this Thursday. It was planned for last week but my teacher had a family emergency and had to be out. Congrats on the induction today! Hope you have had a productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skylar,
    What an awesome post to end (and start) such an exciting week! I know this is the week where we will probably be working the hardest we have all semester as we check, re-check, and wrap up our units. I know yours will be incredible, and I cannot wait to celebrate our hard work as we turn them in next week! The questions you are asking yourself as you plan for Clinical Experience are encouraging challenging to me! I am so glad you get to teach. I cannot wait to hear how it goes! Have a great week, sweet girl. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete