This week I got to witness the way that she teaches math and some literacy activities as well. She has some students that come from the EC classroom for inclusion so I paid close attention to the way that she differentiated her lessons to meet the needs of the EC students and that was good for me to see because I will be doing the same thing for all of my lessons for LE 1 & 2 and really for any lesson that I will be teaching when I student teach. I don't have any experience with inclusion so this is something totally new and exciting for me!
This week I have also had to opportunity to further develop in the NCPTS standard "Teachers Reflect on their Practice" as I have been teaching lessons for this class as well as my other classes and reflecting on those lessons. As I watched my video for this class, I found myself thinking "Oh, I should have done that!" or "This would have worked better!" These reflections can be aggravating but they make me feel confident that I am growing through reflection. I may not get the lesson perfect the first time, but I am getting the opportunity to watch myself and learn from my mistakes before I actually teach a lesson to my Kindergartners! I am not sure that we will ever feel like we have executed a lesson just perfectly as educators but I am positive we will always be reflecting and growing through reflection, I think any effective teacher can strive to be better than they were the day before and that is my goal!
Have a great week and I am looking forward to hearing from you all!
Skylar,
ReplyDeleteI am glad you realized how teachers can really get better - that is to maintain the "human sponge" status. Even know, my brain gets so full of new information that it can be difficult to compartmentalize all of the information.
I am so glad that you and your CE have started a great professional relationship! Keep on learning!
Skylar,
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your blog, today! It sounds like you and your CE are off to an awesome start; what a blessing that she has been so welcoming, and willing to share her knowledge with you! I love that you wrote, "What is so great about her is that she takes the time to stop and tell me why she does things the way she does without me having to even ask." That is a gift, and I can already see how that could help you big time during Student Teaching.
You were such an encouragement about reflection this week! You worked so hard on your lesson, and it showed! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Love you so much, friend!
-Meredith